12th May 2008
RE: PRECAUTIONS AGAINST “HAND FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE”
It has been reported in the news that there have been some cases of “Hand Foot and Mouth disease”. As a kindergarten we have been on the alert since the reports came to light. Our priority is in the children’s safety so we have decided to take the necessary preventive measures. We hope we have your cooperation and partnership to ensure the effectiveness of these measures.
Kindly attend to the following:
1. Please ensure your child brings his/her own hand towel/handkerchief to school for drying his/her hands.
2. Please ensure that your child brings his/her own tumbler to school to prevent sharing.
3. Please advise your child not to share drinks or food with his/her friends
4. If you do identify any symptoms/signs of a rash, red spots, on the palm and foot, sores in the mouth of your child, please send your child for a medical consultation immediately.
5. Kindly keep your child at home and keep the school informed if he/she has a flu and fever. Please ensure that your child recovers completely before sending him/her back to school.
6. If your child contacts HFMD please inform the school, recovery is 1 to 2 weeks until the rashes on hands and feet heal and the fever has stopped. Together with a letter from the doctor saying he/she is fit to come to school.
Your kind cooperation is very much appreciated. Please do not hesitate to call the school should you have any inquires or doubts regarding this matter.
Zariah Muhammad@ Janice